Codea 2.0 Bugs

Hate to be that guy but…
Here’s nice little compiled list of Codea 2.0 Bugs

####Problem: Shader Lab won’t autocomplete (pressing tab or the little green square does noting)
####Example:

//This is the current model * view * projection matrix
// Codea sets it automatically
uniform mat4 modelViewProjection;

//This is the current mesh vertex position, color and tex coord
// Set automatically
attribute vec4 position;
attribute vec4 color;
attribute vec2 texCoord;

//This is an output variable that will be passed to the fragment shader
varying lowp vec4 vColor;
varying highp vec2 vTexCoord;

void main()
{
    //Pass the mesh color to the fragment shader
    vColor = color;
    vTexCoord = vec2(texCoord.x, texC); // texC(oord) will not auto complete 
    //Multiply the vertex position by our combined transform
    gl_Position = modelViewProjection * position;
}

That’s not really a bug, and it’s not specific to Codea 2.0. AirCode only runs setup when you first start it, or use CMD+R, not when it updates between the client and the server.

@SkyTheCoder, changed it to a proper bug (i think)

@Dalorbi - when I repeat that in the Shader Lab, it shows me the error

@Ignatz thats odd? I’ll post a picture for you to see
Picture of the bug
edit: Thats a lot bigger than i expected, was i meant to crop it?

Images on the Codea forums are messed up.

To fix your problem: try pressing that red button on the right of the screen. :wink:

@SkyTheCoder oops, feel a bit silly now…
Should i remove the picture?

I’m at it again, this time with a proper bug. if it’s not one however, i guess that’s the end of this discussion

I’ve noticed that too, forgot to mention it. That’s a real bug.

Nothing*

phew, finally got a real bug

Another bug is long pressing until the (select | select all | copy) touch menu comes up, if you press select, it does absolutely nothing.

Edit I take that back, only in certain situations with symbols etc, words do work.

I noticed that if I delete big chunks of code, i cant access the tab order

@CodeaNoob thats a bug when the code in the tab is too short it doesnt show the top bar. Generally, pulling up and then down will get it back.

The ‘line wrapping issue’ is fixed, but selector-marks are still shifted!

i see a strange behaviour using the video tool…

the first time i make a video it works as expected i.e. the ‘made in codea’ text appears and when i finish the video i have an option to save or discard the video. The second time i try the ‘made in codea’ does not appear and i cannot run the program. Exiting and restarting will make it ok again for the first try. Anybody else have the same behaviour?

Shader lab slows down when live editing updates and it eventually gets to about 2 FPS then I close and re open shader lab which puts it back to 60fps

Multi-line comments are broken: the new real-time editor errors think that text in a multi-line comment is filled with syntax errors, and won’t let you start up your project.

@SkyTheCoder Do you have an example. I’ve used multi line comments in 2.0 since just after I started beta testing it and haven’t had any trouble.

I concur with @dave1707. They work great (they do take a second to register as comments though)

@JakAttak Huh. It works now. I guess it just took a second to register.