Codea 2.0 Beta

@toffer can you take a screenshot of those first two problems? That’s a little strange and I wonder if it’s due to a non-retina issue.

@Simeon here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uyj5mnopz9gjt3g/Codea_col%26fsize.png

Ah thanks @toffer. The first one (color overlap) is just something that comes with the new design — I’m open to solutions for how we might be able to fix it in these sorts of cases where you have code running against itself.

The second bug occurs with certain localisations, it looks like. I am considering dropping localisations and keeping Codea in English only. Because it will be quite difficult to keep all the localisations up-to-date. Do you think there is value in maintaining the localisations?

@Simeon

• Selection key does absolutely nothing, either when there is currently a selection or not.

• Anonymous functions mess up both the indentation and the end-matching, to the point where it gets extremely irritating. For example,

a = function()

pressing <return> here produces an end that is considerably indented, and the cursor on the blank line is also considerably indented.

What is worse is that pressing <return> after the end also produces an indented line. I don’t know if this is because I manually removed the indentation from the end first, but even so, this is annoying.

@Andrew_Stacey

• Are you tapping the key, or touching it and dragging? Tapping may not have an effect (I could have forgotten to re-implement that behaviour).

• Thanks for this I’ll look into how I can improve anonymous function indenting.

Oooh, funky! I never tried dragging before. Yes, I was tapping. Dragging works just fine.

@simeon

• The use of text() keeps crashing projects.
  • Looks like my draw issue is related to viewMatric()

I’m not sure if this is what Andrew was talking about, but I can’t seem to tap on numbers to select them. It’s much more efficient to just tap on them rather than double tap.
Thanks!

@Andrew_Stacey I’ve just tried the anonymous function use case and can’t seem to recreate your issue. Here is what I get:

a = function()
    <-- indent level in function
end <-- appears here
<-- next indent level

Could you provide me some code I could type out to re-create your issue?

@Briarfox @Andrew_Stacey next build should fix the matrix issues. If you could provide a text() example that crashes in the next build (4) it would be much appreciated.

@Zoyt yes I prefer that, too. However in the previous version the numbers interfered with other gestures sometimes — such as bringing the keyboard up (the main problem). I’ll try to fix them up this time around.

@Briarfox next build should also fix http.request issues and networking in general.

some reason Command-C works only some of the time. Also, the view jumpts to the top every time I run the program. Also Shift-Command-Z is not working. I think I’ve reported all the dis functional keyboard commands.
Thanks!

Trying going south, my “tap to start” graphics never show up, probably due to the viewMatrix(matrix()) issue. I also use rotate, which seems to make things crazy.

local m = matrix():rotate(ps.rotate, n.x,n.y,n.z)

is the identity matrix having a crisis? looking nice otherwise. think you should light up both “do” and “end” if you want to show matching blocks, otherwise it is a bit annoying I think.

@tnlogy thanks for the feedback. Can you see if build 4 fixes your matrix issues?

Wow, you fixed it a minute or so after I downloaded the previous version. Now it works fine, was about to report that RotationRate crashes it, but it got fixed as well. :slight_smile:

A few troubling project started running fine after that matrix fix.

• When pressing tab behind “end”, it adds “ENDED”, but still tabs out
  • Codea is not aware of the current indentation; if I have a function tabbed in really far and I do an if statement in it, it puts the “end” where Codea thinks it would be according to the syntax, not extra indentation
  • Renaming tabs does not work
  • If there is no author when exporting the project, it uses the author from the last project exported, which is incorrect
  • When you tap multiple times rapidly on settings, it brings up 2, but you can only dismiss 1

[edit]

• when typing == by hand followed by a space, the second = disappear. It seem only if one space preceed the ==.
  • sliding twice on selection button does not keep the right direction from bottom to top. ie: start selection from bottom to top > release > slide from bottom to top.

So far build 4 has fixed my text() and viewMatrix issues.

@Luatee’s text outline code doesn’t seem to be working. I think it might be a text issue, but I don’t know.

@Zoyt

• I can’t seem to trigger the ENDED behaviour you describe, can you step me through it?
  • I’ll look at modifying the auto-indent to look at user indentation and use it
  • Will look at tab renaming, thanks
  • Project exporting is all untested at the moment, I will keep this one in mind
  • Will fix multiple settings bug

@toffer

• Thanks for finding the “==” thing
  • Selection thing is true — it has actually always been this way, I’m not sure how fixable this will be.

@Zoyt Can you send me the email about destroying bodies as well.