Codea 1.6 Beta

No, but I’ve reported other iOS 7 bugs in the bug reporter. The most annoying one is Codea crashes after leaving preview mode and editing. See issue for details.

@Simeon - Ill try and send the crash logs tomorrow.

@Simeon I’ve had that issue but it’s not consistent. It’s happened maybe 3-4 times for me.

In regards to my issue with new projects, I’ve tried resetting all ipad settings and the issue remains. I’m not entirely convinced that it’s a Codea issue. It could quite possibly be an issue with the install of ios7. Seems I’m the only one with this issue.

Edit

A hard reset on the ipad no longer fixes the issue.

Un installed and reinstalled codes, Issue remains. Last resort is wiping the ipad but I’m not sure that I’m willing to try that yet.

I copied projects back from iexplorer. Once again projects created pre ios7 work, projects created post ios7 do not.

Update: Ok if I use a clean install of Codea my projects work. If I transfer over a project that was created earlier after ios7 update, Projects begin to crash again. So I can transfer old projects in as long as they are pre ios7 then create new project. All seems to be working again. But for some reason the pervious projects fubar Codea.

@simeon I pm’d you a crash log.

Can you email me the log file (rather than just the contents). simeon@twolivesleft.com

Can you also zip up and send me two projects, one that crashes and one that does not.

Finally, I wonder if this is a 1.6 only issue. 1.5.5 seems to be oak for me.

I found out how to duplicate it. If Use the search box and launch a project from it then codea crashes. If I drag to the project, then it runs fine no crashing. I can even drag in the search field without issue. But if I type the project name in and launch then it crashes. I can repeat this 100% of the time.

It doesn’t matter if a project is new or not. I was just using the search bar to find the new projects that I created.

@Simeon hello. Trying to load an image from the camera roll via the image picker kills codea. I have rebooted, same pb. Same pb with paste from clipboard. This is quite annoying: i cant add a new image to my codea! Could you do something about that? (last beta, ios5, ipad1). Thanks.

When running the HTTP get example, I just got a 1x1 white pixel. Still having the same issue where the tab bar doesn’t drag on top half and does on bottom.
Finally, will v1.6 have these great iOS 7 optimizations you mentioned you were working on before? Thanks!

@Zoyt it will, but given how extensive the re-write is I’m thinking this might be a version 2.0.

Simeon - Sounds great. I’m really looking forward to it. Thanks!

@Simeon I’d be happy to shell out another $10 at this point for the next major upgrade. You’ve more than earned it.

Supporting plain text files in a asset pack would a wonderful idea, especially if they could be read in code like values saved to local data. It would make it much easier to compile lengthy default values without cluttering up your code.

As always I feel Codea is worth more then what I’ve paid. I’d gladly pay for an update/contribute :slight_smile:

I agree with @Briarfox, but then we run into version issues where some users code isn’t compatible with others across v1 and v2.

So what about a ‘donate’ button?

+1 on donate button. I’ve got my moneys worth from the $4.99 I spent on codea. And buying other TLL apps (Crabitron) doesn’t make up for it!

@Simeon I had thought that my issue with the Codea crashing whenever I launched an project from the search was do to my io7 install going wonky. I have been having lots of issues with other apps as well. I did a Restore and loaded everything manual, still have the same issue with Codea.