Codea 1.5

.@West if you still have the project (and it still crashes) would you consider logging it on the issue tracker? Or is it easily reproducible with any large sprite?

Hi @Simeon,

Just a couple of words for you - Thank You !!!

Bri_G

=D>

@Simeon same subject as West: sprite behaves strangely:
1- working with mesh i have less black screen than with sprites
2- after setcontext(img) , when i sprite(A,x,y), A being an image work fine, but if A is a sprite from the sprite pack, then the setContext(img) does not work: the sprite A is displayed to the screen, not to img.

Hi @Simeon,

May have hit another bug - but difficult to know if it’ real. Ran an app which is locked out - no exit arrow. On 1.46 you used to be able to use a 3 finger tap to exit (least I think it was that). But it doesn’t appear to happen in 1.5, is that the case.

Bri_G

:slight_smile:

.@Bri_G - the three finger tap functionality was taken out of v1.5

Hi @Reefwing,

Thanks for the feedback. Was there an alternative method of escaping introduced to replace it? I find switching off an re-booting more than a little annoying.

Bri_G

:slight_smile:

.@Bri_G it wasn’t exactly taken out, so much as we forgot to re-include it. However it does interfere with some accessibility settings (triple-tap-to-zoom). So I’m not sure if we should find an alternate gesture.

.@Simeon have added the issue to the tracker along with a sample code which reproduces it on an ipad 3 (it seems to be if the image is loaded within the draw - if it is pre loaded in setup using readImage it doesn’t cause the same issue

Thank you @West.

Another possible bug- I have some projects where the buttons in the bottom left hand corner of the screen get in the way, so I use displayMode(FULLSCREEN_NO_BUTTONS). In the last version, I could triple tap the screen with 3 fingers to bring up the buttons. In the 1.5, no matter how much I tap, the buttons don’t come up. I’ve tried this with multiple projects, with each having the same result. The only way I’ve found of exiting these programs is to either force exit Codea, or put close() somewhere in my program. Is this a but, or am I doing something wrong?

.@edat44 sorry, this feature will be making a return in 1.5.1 — for now please be sure to put a way to close() your project in if you are going to use FULLSCREEN_NO_BUTTONS.

Just want to add my $0.02 to all the others saying a big thank you for the 1.5 update. It rocks, TwoLives rock, the new Codea Rocks! (the old one wasn’t bad either).

Hoping to get a good handle on GLSL thanks to the new shader lab!

Thanks @TechDojo!

just checking in to say, the new stuff in codea 1.5 is seriously cool :slight_smile: Just one wish open currently, maybe for a future patch: a way to enumerate all projects, to go with the projecttab stuff.

Thanks @gunnar_z. We will be putting in some way to programatically enumerate and edit projects.

At the moment you can actually do this with the Lua io.* library — just use os.getenv(“HOME”) and append “/Documents” and then look for all the “.codea” subfolders. @ruilov did this for his GitHub client.

@Simeon Another thing for the wish list. Can you add a function that gets called whenever the close/stop icon is pressed when a program is running. Similar to draw or touch. If the function is there, the code gets executed, if not it’s ignored. There are times when I’m testing a program and stop it, I would like to gather info about the variables and save it with saveGlobalData. Another question, io. Do the io routines work for the ipad. I’ll try different things, but everything is nil.

.@dave1707 the io routines should work — @ruilov’s git client relies on them, and that works.

Good idea on the close() callback. Not sure on the implementation. You certainly wouldn’t want closing the viewer to be able to be held back by code — could lead to a situation where you can’t close the viewer. Needs some thought.

I’m running a graphics intensive programme. It keeps crashing in 1.5 at random juncture. It used to work on 1.46. Have also ran the code on Xcode and even my iphone with no problem. I do use a few large sprite, perhaps this was the reason. Will try to pinpoint the error and let u guys know.

.@zapaper sounds similar to the problem I was having which is sorted in 1.5.1. See the following for a work around

https://bitbucket.org/TwoLivesLeft/core/issue/219/resizing-sprite-slows-and-crashes-codea

Hm… 1.5.1 doesn’t solve the problem. Will try to pinpoint where exactly it is giving me the issue on the codea and let you guys know.