Codea 1.5.2 Beta

@Mark glad to hear the export worked! At least one step has improved in the new beta — you can choose the App Icon from your iPad.

The bundle ID will use a “short form” of the author or company name you include (it will prefer the company name if specified).

A short version of a name simply removes any spaces or special characters in the name. So “Two Lives Left” becomes “twolivesleft”, and the bundle ID then becomes com.twolivesleft.projectShortName

I’ll look at allowing the orientation to be specified. Probably not for 1.5.2 though.

The new beta includes the above CodeaAddon system. It’s simple, and I’m hoping it’s enough for everyone to use initially.

Unrelated to the new features, there appears to be an odd bug with physics.body and setting the mass attribute which is being discussed here.

Thank you @mpilgrem, I’ll ask @John to take a look.

Hi @Simeon - I wanted to try out the new CodeAddon functionality. Is this documented somewhere? I couldn’t see it in the in-app documentation.

@Reefwing It’s only documented in projects that you export. In the comments of CodeaAddon.h

I’ll post a sample addon shortly. This sort of stuff won’t be covered under the in-app reference, as it’s Objective-C and a bit beyond the scope of normal Codea use.

Edit: also note that you will have to delete libcodea.a and libtools.a (in Libs/) if you want to use the addon system in a previously exported project.

Thanks @Simeon - I can probably work it out from that.

Hello @Simeon.
I have a problem with recording the video of my app running. I get this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjfqfSQbFWc
When i should get that:
This seems to be there since the 1.5.2.
Could you fix it? It is quite annoying, i love to make a quick video to show how my code works, but i cant do that anymore. Thanks in advance.

@Jmv38 Odd! I’ll see if I can reproduce it, what build of 1.5.2 did this start happening in?

I think all. I noticed it at build 4. Thanks.

I’ve done a quick tute on exporting your project to Xcode over at http://codeatuts.blogspot.com.au/

I wont broadcast this to the wider community at this stage. Comments welcome.

I’m playing with add ons now…

@Jmv38 is video recording broken anywhere else?

.@simeon what do you mean by ‘anywhere else’? Other versions of the beta? Or sthg else? I am on ipad1 so i dont have camera or camera recording.

I tried to record some other projects: they seem to record fine.

@Jmv38 I mean, are any of your other projects exhibiting odd video recording behaviour?

Edit: thanks!

Just checked one of the variants i posted recently with the standalone library copy: the video recording is brokent too. So it seems linked to something special to this library.

Do you use clip() in your library?

Yes i do! And that is the only app where i do…

@Jmv38 sounds like this might have been a bug for a long time, I might not be able to get the fix into 1.5.2 (release version), but it’s on the list for future beta versions.

Thanks!
The positive aspect is: i have learned about the image export to twitter embedded in codea: its great! (as everything you design, actually…) :slight_smile: