Codea 1.3 Approved

The more I use 1.3, the more I love it :smiley:

Not to rush anything, but my reasonable wish list or 1.4:

1. Sprite pack support. Please ask me for ideas if you want some but please DO NOT do it through code and get an image from the Internet.
  2. Taging support for projects.
  3. Project info support like name, description, author, iconā€¦
  4. topOfKeyboard() function that returns the top of the keyboard pixel just I case their using a Bluetooth keyboard or split keyboard.
  5. Ability to search help.
  6. Add sparaneter(on/off) which is a switch and bparameter() which is a button parameter.
  7. Possible file IO?
    I just wanted to mention it before you made plans for anything. It seems pretty easyā€¦ Again, I just want to get my idea in before plans are made.
    Thanks!

Simeon and Mark -
You are both correct as far as the ā€œhiddenā€ quit button. I am currently on vacation in Maui, and the sun here has been playing tricks on on my normally sun-deprived winter eyes. Now that it is dark out, I can clearly see the ā€œhiddenā€ buttons. Sorry to confuseā€¦

Only been using Codea for a week, so didnā€™t have to wait too long for update. Thanks for a great coding environment and an excellent update too!

@zoyt - why not thru code and the Internet? Without .codea files, thatā€™s the easiest way to do it.

@Bortels - Iā€™m assuming that apple will allow .spritepack exportā€¦ What can we do with that that can cause harm? I mean Codea could load images from the Internet, but I am offline a lot. Where would we put the .spritepack files? That make it a little more difficult. Yes, mabey loading images from the Internet and Codea locally stores them could be good, but I would like real spritepacks please.

you could encode code in the image :slight_smile:

@ruilov shh.

Simeon, I think youā€™re kidding but if not feel free to delete these posts

A spritepack import is certainly a needed feature, and a hard argument for apple to say that by adding it that youā€™re trying to sneak in project sharing. That said, if you did add it, and we still donā€™t have .codea project files, I would start sharing projects as sprites, which if apple sees might get them mad.

Oh and it would also be an awesome way to manage libraries

I am kidding. Sprite pack stuff will be added, as long as our intention I not to enable code sharing then weā€™re okay.

Haha. @ruilov - I was actually thinking the same thing, but I disn"t want to not get spritepacks. If you get code from the web, use image.get and read the font :-?

I have never heard of encoding code in images, understand what it is, nor would be or have been willing to participate in this thing that I know nothing about. (these are not the droids you are looking for)

GREAT, I now have the keyboard input and I can present text and values on the screen, GREAT
Thanks Simeon, Dylan and others.

Codea 1.3: great news! You guys are fast.

@Ipda41001 - Were joking about the idea of putting code into images and post them on the web. Then we use getImage(URL) to get the image and then make a decoder that looks for characters in the image and print out the code. Iā€™m little to lazy and new to coding to do that, but it would be fun.

https://bitbucket.org/TwoLivesLeft/codea/wiki/Limage

Ipda haha, i didnt connect the dotsā€¦

Ipda haha, i didnt connect the dots...

Me neitherā€¦ (especially when ipda again references those droids which we are not looking for). :slight_smile:

Rather had to think of this (no, not steganography):

http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/40/sherman.php