“Close Project” Crash

@Bastis Try replacing close() with restart() and see if that does anything different. Not sure why you don’t get a pop up asking if you want to send crash information. Whenever I crash Codea, I get a pop up that asks, but I just ignore it.

@dave1707 the popup only happens in the beta version (please send though if you get a crash, I often go through and analyse the crashes that get submitted)

@Bastis that is so weird, I don’t get a crash in either case but I wonder if it’s down to using the previous version of iOS. I’ll look at the close() function but I’m not sure if there’s much I can do to fix this

Thanks for the response! I’ll try updating the iOS

@Bastis I think if you are on iPhone 6 you may be limited to iOS 12, which is a bit unfortunate

Ah, I updated to 12.4.6 from 12.4.5. That didn’t do it. I also turned the phone off and on again (which should have been the First thing I tried actually) and that didn’t fix it either.

@Bastis sorry about the bug and that I can’t resolve this for you, does this work for you?

function setup()

end

function draw()

end

function touched(t)
    if t.state == ENDED and t.tapCount == 1 then
        tween.delay(0.1, function() 
            close()
        end)
    end
end

It did! In fact all that was needed was the ENDED state. Doesn’t work with BEGAN though. Perhaps it gets called twice or something causing a crash?

Thank you so much! The customer support for Codea is really top of the line!