Cleaning

@dave1707 - another thought, what if your broadband link is interrupted? We occasionally have problems with Netflix and I think it may be down to either a poor connection (weather as catalyst) or variable and occasional high demand on my shared line.

Is Codea capable of parking the download until service is restored?

@Bri_G its not the internet because I can do whatever I want with other apps. Not sure if it’s the iPad, Dropbox, or Codea that’s causing it. Not having syncing problems on my other iPads or iPhone. Just the iPad I use all the time. It’s like Codea doesn’t know what files are on Dropbox so it doesn’t do anything.

@dave1707 what about available memory and allocated memory on different devices?

Also I’m on iOS 15.5 - are you ?

@Bri_G I’m on the current versions for everything. As for memory, my iPad is 64GB and I have 37GB available. I don’t have that many apps or files, so memory usage isn’t a problem. If I’m running Codea, that’s the only app running. I can unlink/relink to Dropbox, create a text file in the Codea dropbox folder, and sync it with Dropbox OK. I then do nothing on the iPad for an hour or so, create a text file in the Codea Dropbox folder again and press sync from there and nothing happens other than the word syncing flashes at the top of the screen. No matter what I try, syncing doesn’t work until I unlink/relink, then it works for awhile, then not. I guess I’m glad I don’t have to sync files a lot.

@dave1707 - not sure about the physical build of iPad but I thought that there was no independent memory and graphics was part of the memory 64GB in your case. Plus I thought all apps had allocated memory, so the actual memory for Codea on your iPad may be restrictive.

@Bri_G According to Apple, apps were allowed up to 5GB of memory. Now they can use up to 12GB. Since I usually run Codea by itself, memory shouldn’t be a problem. I think something is going on with Codea and it doesn’t know what files are on Dropbox so it doesn’t sync the files after awhile.

PS. I can use the Files app to copy files from the Codea Dropbox folder to the Dropbox app folder.