CANCELLED not documented

The state field of a Touch may be set to CANCELLED if the touch event is interrupted. This is not documented in the reference for touch.state.

@alteous That has been known for years. The more you use Codea, the more things you’ll find that aren’t documented. I guess TLL is too busy adding new functionality to Codea that they don’t have time to add missing documentation.

@alteous, @dave1707 that is a strange oversight. It’s true that we’ve added a lot of features but things like this are simply things didn’t notice or realise were missing.

@alteous @dave1707 documenting it now before I forget! Thank you

CANCELLED refers to when the system (OS) cancels the touch event for some reason. Maybe you triggered multitasking, maybe an iCloud alert popped up, maybe you pulled down the notification pane. Generally you can handle it as if you would have handled the ENDED state, but sometimes it can be useful to know the difference.

@simeon maybe I could start a wikia for Codea. The privileges are that anyone can document something. We could have some wiki admins/ wiki mods for secure reasons. If Codea had a wiki it would also call more people to join our little community :wink:

@TokOut good news! There is a wiki https://bitbucket.org/TwoLivesLeft/core/wiki/Home

Hasn’t been updated in a while though. The link is actually at the top of the forums too.