Box2D glitch or something wrong with the code?

@Ignatz I can see the winding direction being important for 3D, but I don’t think it matters for 2D objects. At least I didn’t see any difference when I was trying different directions with the above program.

@dave1707 - agreed. It makes no difference for 2D because the camera is fixed at the front of the scene. All you have to is avoid crossing your triangle lines!

@Ignatz That’s what I like about Codea. There’s always new things to learn. The only problem is, as I learn new stuff, I start to forget the old stuff.

@dave1707 - if you want new stuff to learn, try 3D. That will keep you busy for a while @-)

@ignatz i wanted an example to understand what you mean. So I made the one below, but i dont see any effect linked to clockwise/anticlockwise. What am i missing? Could you modify it to show your point? thanks.
[edit] modified the code to add transparency effects. I dont see anything either.

-- faces

function setup()
    c = vec2(WIDTH/2, HEIGHT/2)
    z = -1
    parameter.integer("z",-20,20,-1,setMesh)
    setMesh()
    a = 0
    setCam(0)
    print("blue is anticlockwise")
    print("red is clockwise")
    print("slide right/left to rotate")
end
function setMesh()
    m = mesh()
    local h1,h2 = 100,200
    local c1,c2 = color(255, 0, 0, 144), color(0, 4, 255, 127)
    t ={  vec3(h1+c.x, c.y-h1/2,z),  vec3(-h1+c.x, c.y-h1/2, z),   vec3(c.x,c.y+h1,z),
          vec3(-h2+c.x, c.y-h2/2,0),  vec3(h2+c.x, c.y-h2/2, 0),   vec3(c.x,c.y+h2,0) }
    cs = {c1,c1,c1,c2,c2,c2}
    m.vertices = t
    m.colors = cs
end
function setCam(da)
    local h = WIDTH
    a = a + da
    camera(
        c.x + h * math.sin(a),
        c.y,
        h * math.cos(a),
        c.x, c.y, 0,
    )
    perspective()
end

function draw()
    background(40, 40, 50)
    setCam(0)
    m:draw()
end

function touched(t)
    local da = t.deltaX * math.pi /WIDTH*3
    setCam(da)
end

@Jmv38 - I can’t create the effect, I’m afraid. I do remember that on one of the 3D models I imported, some of the faces were black and I had to reverse the vertices to get them to draw, but I’m not sure how to make that happen.

maybe with many vertices then, and not only 6 as in my example…?

Just be thankful when you don’t have this problem!