Best way to backup Codea code.

@Jmv38, nothing to be sorry about. I learned, that’s all that matters. Thank you for always being willing to help.

@Andrew_Stacey I installed libimobiledevice with Homebrew, but I can’t find any help on using it on their website, or see that it created any new obvious commands or applications. How do you use it?

@SkyTheCoder You also need to install ifuse. That’s the one that actually does stuff. libimobiledevice is the library that provides the functionality, but it doesn’t do anything.

My ipad is jailbroken, and I use unix (this will likely work on OS X as well) - I run this nightly:

https://gist.github.com/bortels/8527587

In a nutshell, it uses rsync to wirelessly copy/modify only changed things from my Application Documents folders to my PC. It also makes a symlink to the app directory so that I have a ‘friendly name’ to use to find things.

The nice part is - this takes, in general, on the order of a minute or so - for everything, not just Codea. The exception being if I’ve, say, downloaded a big video or such in an app. And since I’ve set it up to run via cron, with public key authentication - it just happens. I’m a firm believer that the best way to do backup is to make it happen automatically, because I’ll forget to do it.