[ANSWERED] CPU & Memory

Hello everybody !

Do you know what’s the consumption of CPU & Memory of a medium game ? (~73 lua files, ~6426 lines)
Because I have a CPU consumption of 90% in average and a Memory consumption of ~100MB on my mac. (~100 png in all and I think I use ~60)

My macbook pro is not recent (Processor: 2,53GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo ; Memory: 4 Go 1067 MHz DDR3 ; NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 Mo).

Do you think is normal ? or is my hardware or my code ?

Thanks.

I don’t understand, how are you programming Codea on your macbook? If you are using the simulator, it certainly will run slower and consume more resources than when it runs on the device.

Check what’s running in the background

@MrScience101 Yes, I use the simulator, and I confirm, that run slower, but I want to know if a CPU consumption of 90% is normal, even with the simulator.

@kirorp No really other things in background

So a few things like safari, App Store, itunes ( only apps I could think of at the top of my head ) and your simulator or just your simulator with nothing running in background

@kirorp Simulator, Finder, Sublime Text 2

What year and type is your mac

For the year: 2009, for the rest, this is in the first post.

It could be the CPU with being 5 years old. Look on intels website for a new CPU

I have a macbook mid 2007 that I use. It has a 2.0 ghz core duo and yes, it sucks up almost all of the cpu. I use the device to test on because the simulator is just too slow.

Thank you for your answers.

@HyroVitalyProtago I bought a late 2012 macbook pro which has 2.3ghz intel quad core i7 with turbo boost and I’m seeing about 94% usage, I have a theory the simulator doesn’t rely on GPU at all but I think I’m wrong on that.

@Luatee Thanks, if I’m not the only guy, this is not my fault in particular and my code is not no optimise as a can think.