Air Code

Looks like it was approved. Codea 1.5.3 should be up on the App Store soon.

Here’s the web site for the feature:

http://twolivesleft.com/Codea/AirCode/

It’s out now, I’m just grabbing my laptop to try it out, looks brilliant thanks!

Thanks for the Air Code! Indeed looks brilliant.
This works on Windows Safari 5.1 and Chrome 27.0, but not Internet Explorer 8.0. Is that by design or am I doing something wrong?

@Olaf I only tested Safari and Chrome. Sorry about IE, I don’t have access to it.

@Simeon very cool, Can you build us an iphone app now :slight_smile: Aircode would make it usable!

+1 for iPhone version!

Air Code works with Windows 7 and IE 10. Will I use Air Code, probably not. I do all my coding on the iPad, so I’m not going to have a laptop and iPad in my lap just playing around. But it’s good to know that I can if I want to.

@dave1707 I am the same - I tend to code most on my iPad. But I developed Air Code because sometimes I found I was coding on my iPad at my desk, right next to my large display. Air Code was for those times.

Thanks so much for adding Air Code to Codea, it will be used often.

So now Codea has a web server built in. It already had a client. So now we are that far (holds up two fingers very close together) from being able to write two player games. Maybe version 1.5.4 eh?

I have three questions about the Air Code.
Can we add another tab with the Air Code?
Can we export the code with the Air Code?
How can I change the background color in the Air Code?

@Simeon - I was looking into making Ace mobile freindly. I ran across the “ipad” branch of Ace on GitHub. Is there any chance you could include that into the editor? Thanks!

Air Code is amazing. Thanks!!

Hey! Codea is AMAZING! However, I can’t get the air code to work. I get the messag “There was an error creating the server, Please ensure you are connected to a Wifi Network.” -I’m connected to my wifi network, internet in all other apps works fine… I’m not sure what to check next, Firewall or something? If anyone has an idea I’d appreciate it, otherwise keep up the good work on these updates! They are stellar!

This is frgging great. I also have been coding next to my computer for a few hours at a time. But nothing beats coding on a Sunday morning, at my favorite crapes breakfast spot…On my Ipad with a bluetooth keyboard.

@jman4414 It could be your firewall. Air Code creates a server running on port 42000, so if you can add an exception for that port and try again that would be great. Let me know how it goes.

@Thwapp glad you like it! Also crêpes on Sunday morning are the best.

@Thwapp - There’s my favorite food right there. That and my favorite app… Unbeatable.

I like the Idea of AirCode, however always when I try to type something in Safari 6.0.4 Codea crashes.

@niki are you working in an existing project? Does Air Code work on a newly created project? What device are you using?

If the crash is happening with a specific project, please send me the code that is causing the crash.

@Simeon, I’m really enjoying Air Code, but it does seem to be a bit buggy:

1. When I press the restart button it freezes
  2. I can’t return back to the project browser once coding on my computer
  3. On Safari (7.0 (9537.46.5)) text input is a bit weird. When I am typing my caret distances itself from the text as I go further into the line. This also causes me not to be able to position the caret. On Chrome it works fine.
  4. Every now and then it freezes and I have to quit Codea (my typed changes are not saved from after the freeze, it can be a bit annoying).

But apart from that, its working great :slight_smile: