4" screen shrinking to 3.5"

When I run my latest program, it works fine on all devices, but when ran on 4 inch display, it uses black bars at the top and bottom of the screen to shrink the size of the display to 3.5". Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

edit: found issue, one of my screenshots was the wrong size and apparently this ruins iPhone five compatibility.

I’m guessing if it fit the whole screen it would have to be stretched out because the ratio of height to width is different on the 4" and 3.5" displays. This may be a crazy and stupid idea but if you put all coordinates in terms of height and width minus or plus something then maybe it will work but idk I’m an amateur at coding.

Yes, it’s generally a good idea to use HEIGHT and WIDTH in your program so it adapts to each device, but I know some people have had problems with differences in screen resolution, so maybe one of them can comment

2.1 Has added support for the iphone 6, so if you were still using iphone 4 or 5 vertical res on an iphone 6 then that would be your problem.

I am using HEIGTH and WIDTH, i typically make whatever I am making, then change all values to that value then, for example, /768 * WIDTH.

Try doing a reset after running, that usually works

TechDojo trying that, thanks

update, tried submitting it as a built and it was rejected by application loader due to non optimization for iPhone 5. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Have you selected iPhone 5 compatibility in Xcode?