2D minecraft

Ok

I agree with @skullagepk. This game has its issues, many of them. THAT SAID, don’t be disheartened by our opinions; and, more importantly, don’t give up if this is what you truly enjoy (or even if you enjoy it just a little bit) :slight_smile: rather, I hope you use our criticism constructively to better both this project and yourself as a programmer. So, if you ever need any help, have any questions, I’m not the best but I’d love to help you out. And we have a whole community full of people who I’m sure would love to help you as well–if you’re willing to be helped. So first off: structure. Structure is VERY important to programming. There are two types of structure; Progressive and Object Oriented. Your current code uses a more progressive approach, where each frame it just runs through a list of commands and makes a [somewhat] comprehensive program. Progressive structure is both archaic and horrendously inefficient. You need to strive for an object oriented (class and function-based) structure, as this is the norm for programming nowadays (it is also the most fluent and efficient way to code). For instance: instead of having a bajillion if/then statements deciding where touches are going for buttons, make a dedicated button Class, or take one from the forums. For the player, make a player class that you can move. Instead of the world being hectically drawn and hard-coded in, make a world draw class that stores the world map in a table then draws it with for/do statements. With classes, your code is much cleaner, much easier to read, and most importantly, MUCH easier to maintain, edit, cut, copy, and CONTROL. your game’s updates take forever, but they don’t really add much. This is because you are taking the progressive approach and hard-coding everything. If you’d like the help, if you’d like to learn about classes and how powerful and helpful they can be, please ask me and I would LOVE to help you learn these things. As I said, I’m not the best, but as one who was once where you are, I want to help you out of that same rut. The end.

Okay, I will stop posting the updates. Well, your lost, I’m adding robots built with redstone and finishing the ores in the next update.

Eh, I’m kinda a one man coder in this project, I don’t need any help…

Nice

I’m happy to help

Thx

I added differint hearts the other ones looked weird I will remake the inventory

SWEET! Your the best! When your ready, can you post the update? It sounds really new looking.

Ok I’m also adding new inventory

Do you have a twitter

Ya, but I don’t do it anymore…

Ok I’m almost with the small update

Look like I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me, I loaded the minecraft, and there were lines all over the screen. Lol!

Well, I wish the game worked. I was gonna publish an update for a polish up. Oh well… I’ll scrap the polish update and make mobs and animals.

I’m almost done with the update! I did a lot of it this morning and some on Saturday. I didn’t get a lot of time on Monday because I was teaching my neighbor how to fly his Street Hawk. I’m working on redstone, redstone torches, pistons, commands, zombie, and a pig. The update will be good! 0.8.0 should be out tomarrow!

The creative and survival buttons do not work right now. I did not know if you guys knew this or not. Also, can I help.

Are you thinking about the App Store

talented?make such a complicated game only in a few hours

Ok, yes, a12tony, you can help, 2, Faptabulous12, I need VERY specail permission from Mojang to release to the app store and I need to develop the game more. 3, firewolf, thanks! :slight_smile: