$10 Explosion Competition

These were all great entries. Judging is almost complete. I’ll announce the results on the 14th as stated above.

:-SS

with luatee code you can use

self.m.texture = readImage("Tyrian Remastered:Explosion Huge")

for the texture

@Jmv38 here’s the texture i thought I included it:

circgrad = image(100,100)
pushStyle()
setContext(circgrad)
    fill(255, 255, 255, 15)
    for i=1,25 do
        ellipse(50,50,i*4)
    end
setContext()
popStyle()

Texture added, looks good!

After much judging coder takes the prize. Everyone else tied for second. Coder gets ten dollars and everyone else that participated gets five dollars. Please pm me the email address you want me to PayPal the money too. Thank you all and I hope you had fun.

Just throw my $5 at some charity of your choice.

@MrScience101 that’s very charitable of you!

I liked so much @Luatee 's explosion. And I even prefer it without texture :slight_smile:

@deactive thank you, I tried to make it as realistic as possible for 2D but without the texture it doesn’t quite match it.

@MrScience101 thanks, I’m honoured :"> . Same as @spacemonkey , please donate my prize to charity too.

I did not expect so many charitable donations. I guess I’ll have to figure out one to give to, any particular one you want?

Animals :(|) ?

Doctors without borders? Sign me up for the charity event.

Likewise - add mine to the charity donation.

Hello here ! I have found a cartoon explosion from Two Lives Left (twolivesleft.com/prototypes/cartoon-explosions/) today and I have rewrite it for Codea : https://gist.github.com/HyroVitalyProtago/6b85d82eb534a4c8a844. Maybe a lot of people don’t know about this cool effect…

Have a good day !

That’s really neat! Thanks for sharing

Thank you for the donations to charity. It went to helping a family whose father suffered a stroke and lost his job. Then the mother was suspended from her job. It provided apples, meat, potatoes, carrots, milk and other necessities (twice!) to some very hungry children who were very, very, thankful. Never seen teen age children cry before for receiving food. It was both heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. Thank you for your donations.

@MrScience101, that is so great to hear. I applaud all of you for donating.

@MrScience101 Oh crud, I forgot to reply. I wanted mine to go to charity too. Is it too late?