1.5 beta

Damn. It looks like I’ll need to accelerate getting this out.

Some features will be quite unfinished this time.

Ditto on Cargo-bot and Crabitron

Cargo-Bot is not going to get an updated profile — the free App Store version is essentially the same.

Crabitron will get one on its next update, so might be unusable for a while.

The current TestFlight build is the same version as the current version in the App Store, correct? My profile is also about to expire, but when 1.4.6 was released I grabbed it from the App Store, so there’s no danger that Codea will stop working on me. I keep a backup of all of my projects and data anyway so I was able to just add it back into the app after updating.

That’s correct, the current beta is the same as the App Store version.

(Edit: except the beta has crash logging and iTunes FIle Sharing enabled)

I can go grab it from the app store - or wait for a beta. (I like to stay on the beta in the perhaps-mistaken belief that it will let me know when a new beta is up - or at least it used to…)

I LIVE ONLY TO SERVE. No, really.

I still gotta say - for the 8 bucks, Codea is by far my favorite meta-game. Far more entertaining than any other app on my ipad, and I’m not done with it yet. If I can jump thru a few hoops to help out, I’m more than happy to.

Even a broken beta is ok - so long as it breaks in interesting ways. :slight_smile:

Don’t get me wrong, when a new beta is available I’ll grab it and use it. Now that I know that TestFlight builds have crash logs enabled I’m inclined to keep using the betas even after the release versions hit the App Store from here on out. Codea is by far my favorite and most used app on my iPad. I want to do whatever I can to help make it better :slight_smile:

.@Simeon: is it possible to just re-sign the 1.4.6 build and re-distribute it so that you don’t have to expose a bunch of unfinished functionality before it is ready?

It is possible, I’ll look at doing that if 1.5 (1) seems unlikely this week.

I’ve just set up a twitter account called @CodeaCommits (http://twitter.com/CodeaCommits) — if you’re interested in Codea development all of our commit messages are being auto-posted to the stream. (It helps keep our commit messages more readable, too.)

What a cool idea, followed!

Testing 1.5, even if it’s unstable would be interesting. Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

And … there it goes.

Poof. Smoke came out of my iPad when I tried to run codea just now. I could smell it - it smelled like disappointment - but couldn’t see it thru my bitter, bitter (DELICIOUS) tears.

Now I’ll have to go play crazy taxi.

Sorry everyone. I’m trying to get the new one put together.

No rush - I have a new toy to play with (also fruit-related but not Apple).

Something to do with raspberries, I think.

I am imagining @Andrew_Stacey playing Fruit Ninja.

A runtime for Codea on raspberry on the way then? :slight_smile:

Hey! Sorry I’ve been absent for a while. Just wanted to comment on the screenshots @Simeon posted earlier - looks really nice! I like the idea of hints in-editor - reminds me a lot of the sort of thing Bret Victor has mentioned in his various talks / essays. :slight_smile:

Don’t … start … on … Bret … Victor … again …

Huh?