1.5.3 is in the AppStore

@Simeon - Thanks a lot for the great update. However, one problem that I have with version 1.5.3 is that exported XCode files cannot be successfully built by XCode any more (it worked great before). For my project I got many SSL errors (e.g. “_SSLClose” , “_SSLCreateContext” , …) and the same problem appeared also when I tried to export the example code “Gravity”.

I am using an iPad4 and XCode Version 4.6.3 (4H1503) on OSX 10.8.3.

you can see with this exemple
http://twolivesleft.com/Codea/Talk/discussion/1378/sprites-vs-meshes/p1
sprite speed = mesh speed
wonderfull

@niki I have the same problem :(( I found a mistake in project’s filename! AppDelegate.m named AppDelegate.mm :frowning:
I tried to fix it. Renamed file with .m suffix, but it caused more errors!!!

Hi @Darius! Has your pseuso any relation with an interest in antique history?

I get several errors like the following when trying to build an exported Codea app in Xcode.

Undefined symbols for architecture i386: “_SSLClose”, referenced from: -[GCDAsyncSocket closeWithError:] in libtools.a(GCDAsyncSocket.o)

It’s a problem with the library. I’ll fix it today — sorry about this. It won’t require an update to Codea to get your exported projects working.

Great :slight_smile: Good job @Simeon

Here’s the fix for @SpellCollapse’s issue:

In Xcode, open your exported project:

• Go to your project settings (click on the blueprint icon in the Project Navigator)
  • Select the “Build Phases” tab
  • Expand “Link Binary With Libraries”
  • Click the + button at the bottom of the list
  • Choose “Security.framework” and click add

Codea 1.5.4 will fix this bug in the exported project template. But you will have to use this workaround for now.

@Jmv38 No :slight_smile: It is just my second name, I named myself when I was 10. :slight_smile:

@Simeon - thanks for responding, and thanks again for “the best reason to get an ipad!”, there is NOTHING like this for any other tablet!

Thanks @Simeon that worked

@Simeon I cannot build XCode for my program. The problem still occurs for the simplified verison of my program (using Gyro data) that I posted on June 30 in the “air code” post (Codea still crashes when I try to edit the program in Air Code).
When I now build the program in XCode the former SSL problems are solved thanks to your workaround. However, I get a number of error messages that seem to be related to manipulating the 3D matrices, see the entries below. It would be great if you could give me a solution to this problem.

#3	0x02ae2286 in __assert_rtn ()
#4	0x0007364d in float glm::inversesqrt<float>(float const&) [inlined] at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Runtime/Common/GLM/glm/core/func_exponential.inl:149
#5	0x00073623 in glm::detail::tvec3<float> glm::normalize<float>(glm::detail::tvec3<float> const&) [inlined] at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Runtime/Common/GLM/glm/core/func_geometric.inl:244
#6	0x00073623 in glm::detail::tmat4x4<float> glm::rotate<float>(glm::detail::tmat4x4<float> const&, float const&, glm::detail::tvec3<float> const&) at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Runtime/Common/GLM/glm/gtc/matrix_transform.inl:59
#7	0x00071ed8 in Lrotate(lua_State*) at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Runtime/LuaLibs/matrix44.cpp:383
#8	0x000e8515 in luaD_precall at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Lua/ldo.c:319
#9	0x000f789e in luaV_execute at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Lua/lvm.c:587
#10	0x000e8933 in luaD_call at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Lua/ldo.c:377
#11	0x000e1074 in f_call at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Lua/lapi.c:800
#12	0x000e80c8 in luaD_rawrunprotected at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Lua/ldo.c:116
#13	0x000e8b87 in luaD_pcall at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Lua/ldo.c:463
#14	0x000e1038 in lua_pcall at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Lua/lapi.c:821
#15	0x0004db1b in -[LuaState callSimpleFunction:] at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Runtime/Scripting/LuaState.m:693
#16	0x000055d4 in -[RuntimeViewController glkView:drawInRect:] at /Users/simeon/Development/iPhone Dev/Codea/Runtime/Runtime/RuntimeViewController.mm:573
#17	0x0048c635 in -[GLKView _display:] ()

@niki that particular error is being caused by attempting to rotate a matrix (matrix:rotate method). Can you examine your use of rotate to see if there are any potential issues?