Editor

Could it be that the editor is susceptible to tabulators? I imported some code which I have edited in Textastic (this has find and replace function) and copied that one back to Codea, and the result was a weired looking code. I had to manually delete all those (probably) double tabs … Do others have a similar effect observed so far?

@CrazyEd… I had a similar experience with Textastic… If you change the Textastic prefs to ‘Soft Tabs’ (which inserts spaces rather than true tabs) all should be well.

Codea replaces each tab character with four spaces when you paste or insert text into the editor. That could be causing the issue.

There’s a few related discussions: search here for whitespace. For example: http://www.twolivesleft.com/Codea/Talk/discussion/149/what-the-heck-is-happening-to-my-whitespaces-answered

FWIW to others: it’s a workaround and still involves cutting and pasting between Textastic and Codea but Textastic does synch well with Dropbox and thus provides a way to store and edit Codea code on your desktop machine…

Thanks a lot. I will try that out.